Greensand Ridge Walk
Greensand Ridge Walk follows a ridge of greensand which rises from the clay vales on either side. The 40 mile/ 64 km walk begins in Leighton Buzzard and finishes in Gamlingay, passing through Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Cambridgeshire.
The route has been split into five sections. Bedfordshire County Council has leaflets which can be printed from a dedicated website or you can pick one up at Harold-Odell country park. These are the sections (OS Explorer maps 192, 193 and 208.)
- Leighton Buzzard to Woburn 8.5 miles /13km
- Woburn to Ampthill 10 miles / 15.5km
- Ampthill to Haynes 8.8 miles / 13.5km
- Haynes to Sandy 7.5 miles / 11.5km
- Sandy to Gamlingay 5.3 miles / 8.5km
As well as maps of the walk, the website
can get details of transport links and other information to help you walk the route.