The Big Olney Food Festival promises a feast for the eyes as well as the taste buds. Sample what our talented chefs can conjure!
Restaurants, pubs & shops are joining together to celebrate 'Food, Glorious Food', on the 19th of September, in the Market Place, from 1pm-9.30 pm.
Canapes from 'The Bull'. Paella cooked up in giant iron vessels by 'Much Ado' or a delicious grill from the BBQ of the Courtyard Brasserie. Pancake puds with a twist. Washed down with a glass of wine or beer...
That's our festival 'meal deal'. Buy a ticket for either lunch or dinner for just £10 for canapes, two course meal plus a glass of wine or beer. The tickets will NOT be available on the day (although there will plenty of food on sale) and it will work out much cheaper for you.
Tickets are available online and from The Olney Centre, Parkins, Bacchus, Teapots, The Swan, The Bull, Much Ado deli and cafe as well as through FOOIS & The Rugby Club.
As well as the special menu, there will be a host of other delicious goodies available:
- A wide selection for youngsters to eat, fom lunch boxes to BBQ to pancakes
- Locally reared turkey roasts, in a bun
- Delicious Teapots cream teas & cakes
- Tasty Samosas from 'The Four Pillars'
- A special 'festival sandwich' from Sandwichland
- The Bull's great selection of beers, on tap for the whole event, plus canapes
- Fresh, locally made sweet and savoury pies from 'Harvest Bakery'
- Stalls of locally produced honey, jams and chutneys, plus olives and cheese
Entertainment - all afternoon and into the evening
From 1-4 p.m. there will be entertainment galore for families.
- Cooking Demonstrations
- Cooking competitions
- Face painting with a foodie theme (proceeds to an African orphan feeding programme).
- Children can paint their own egg cup
- Have a go on the giant bouncy slide
From 4-6pm there will be cream teas and music.
From 7-9.30 hear the headline act will wow you. Vocalist Sophia Morrison (Diva Sophia!) has a voice of power, depth and emotion - the talk of the MK world picnic.
And to keep the young and young at heart occupied between times, the incomparable Great Gappo will entertain and delight.
What is more, local shops will compete for the best food-related window display, have in-store events or tastings, while cafes, restaurants and pubs will compete for the best 'festival menu'.
The Festival is organised by the Chamber of Trade in association with OlneyOnline.com & VisitOlney.com. The event guide is at the official site www.olneyonline.com/festival. Tickets can be ordered online.
Kim Durden of Davis Optometrists, the Chair of the Chamber of Trade, said: "This event will be a foodie’s delight and will showcase the importance of restaurants, food and wine in this fantastic town of Olney."
Tickets are being sold to try and cover the cost of staging The Big Olney Food Festival and any proceeds will go towards next year's festival.
Free to attend. Full 'meal ticket' £10 to include 2 courses and a glass of wine. Tickets will be available online (via this site) and from local retailers from the end of August.